Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Its Diwali!!!!

Its Diwali …The festival of colors …fun and frolic time, and what I am doing…sitting in my stupid PG and thinking ‘Wish I could also go home.’

It was a good morning when I woke up …but it did not remain same after going to office…

I logged on to my system and saw the status message of one of my friend

‘One day to go’. I was so very jealous of him…Since morning my mailbox was full of my friend mails wishing a very happy Diwali and stating their unavailability on Diwali coz they are going home.

But is Diwali actually happy?

Not for me. Coz there will be no preparations as every year…coz there will be no fun…coz I was not at home. I was cursing my software engineer’s job more than ever.


Then I resolved …no more cribbing about not going home…I have at least Bhaiya, Mona and Iti here with me…I will make Diwali special for myself and for them as well…

The preparations:

We all met on MG ROAD for Diwali shopping, I day prior to Diwali i.e. on choti Diwali. I wanted to continue the trend of wearing something new, so finally landed up buying a Kurta for myself. We even got 2 silver coins which Babaji always used to get on Diwali…I miss him so much....I am sure he will be happy to see that we following his footsteps...though we should have brought it on Dhanteras, but better late than never….


It’s Diwali Morning!!!!! The morning was as beautiful as ever with the added flavor of crackers. In South India there is the culture of bursting crackers early in the morning…One of my South Indian friend told me that on Diwali day…as soon as they get up…without even brushing they burst crackers….  :)


I was getting the feel of Diwali…Mona(my sis), Itisha(my frd) and myself…we started the preparations…We planned to prepare the same delicacies as are made at home…




This is all we made…Halwa, Poori, Bhindi ki subzi, aalo ki subzi, raita…Though it was no match to what MOM prepares…but still it was delicious…


It was the Lakshmi Poojan time. This Pooja is performed to seek the divine blessings from the Goddess of Wealth, we actually need her blessings.. he he. We did all the pooja preparations….lighted the whole house with diya’s and candles….But none of us remembered the Aarti fully..oops wht to do…no worries…we downloaded a Aarti from the net…and during the pooja….lipsang it….my God…it was actually funny….




Still, we had the excuse…that we did all the preparations with a pure heart..so God will surely understand…he he
Have a look at our Pooja preparations…


Then came the best time…the time to burst crackers….
We all rushed downstairs…the whole society was gathered and it was spectacular.

This was an occasion for both the young and the old. One could see the rocket going high in the air and opening into an umbrella of bright emeralds…showering their beauty on us. The small children holding the sparkling sticks…firing the fire wheel…which dances on the floor….the noisy bombs in the background…

Every year…the dark night of Diwali…is filled with the crackers of varied colors and sounds…and makes the ambience breathtaking…


This is the festival of Diwali, the festival of lights, the festival which celebrates the victory of Good over Evil…The festival which spreads it brightness and warmth in our hearts…the festival of meeting our loved ones…and telling them that we love them…the festival of endless joys…





WISH U ALL A VERY HAPPY DIWALI!!!!!!













 

No comments: