Saturday, October 28, 2006

Those wonderful 4 years….

Those wonderful 4 years….

This was the beginning of my college life…I was really really excited….This was the first time I was leaving home…I was looking forward to the so called ‘HOSTEL LIFE’…was excited and a little skeptical about being independent and being on my own…and was apprehensive about meeting new people and above all RAGGING….

That was my first day in college..I came to the hostel with my Badepapa and my Sister…
I still remember that I was wearing a black floral printed bright top…and was feeling that I am looking really cool….eeksss…. did I wear that??? Later, we used it as a dusting cloth…he he)

I entered the hostel being an eye-candy to most of my seniors. They must be thinking...1st day in college…wearing jeans… with parents… let them go ...phir dekhte hai... I know this coz from the next year onwards I saw all my juniors as fresh pastures…he he

I had to take a room. First years were given a 4 sitter. I was looking around in the hostel register for a name as Itisha Jain…coz I met this female in the counseling and I somehow felt, that we guys may pull off together. When I asked Kantha Sir (our hostel care-taker) about her…he instead told said…I can give you a room with Atashi Jain…I said NOO… J No offences Atashi…you would have felt the same I am sure.. . Later he informed me that I’ll be sharing my room with Richa pertaining to my wishes (when did I wish so??? :0 )

Richa and I, we went to the same school in Kanpur. We studied together for 12 years, did our JEE preparations together, and entered JSS together. But we were never friends. I always used to think of her as a sophisticated lady who is always throwing tantrums. But destiny bought us together again for 4 LONG years. I wanted to change my room, but Aunty(richa’s mom) was there, and did want to hurt her. I had nothing against her but I had my own belief.
I believed to be good roommates u should either be
- Very good friends, then you can go to any extent to make things work.
- Completely strangers, with them comes complete acceptance, coz we start to know them.

Richa and I did not belong to either of the categories. I didn’t want to spoil the existing relationship we shared, because I never wanted to come out of my stupid pre-conceived notions about the human being that she never was.

I reconciled to the fact that one of my roomie is Richa. 2 more to come..
Shweta..i slim, lean, confident girl. My badepapa liked her a lot instantly…he still asks me tumhari us friend ka kya naam hai …wo saawali, sunder ladhki…I say Shweta..
She came to the our room 305, selected the cot which was the farthest from all…selected an almirah close to her bed…put her stuff in…locked it and left…said she’ll come the next day before the college starts….
In the meantime Richa and I were trying to be sweet to her; we realized that she has already left.
We looked at each other and said,’ Madam toh chali gayi, room saaf karne ke liye hume chod gayi.., Chalo bhaiya kaam pe lago..nahin toh malakin kal pagaar nahin milegi…’. Prudy(Shweta’s nickname) we cursed you so much that day ...kya batae…

1 more to come…
Vandana Gupta, she was a simple girl…from kanpur itself…who was very sincere and had to prepare for JEE. She left the room in not more than a week..coz she felt that we were very different from her..and she could not study…
We were actually happy that we were 3. Then came our 4th room-mate…Itisha Jain…she joined late…Prudy did not like her coming…because she felt 3 were already enough..and we were by that time already a little pally….But frankly, I was happy when I came to know that she is our 4th roomie…She had a frd in hostel who warned her….that these people are weird..and one girl has left the room coz they almost tortured her….but little did she know that her weirdness matched us .. :)

These are the people who are I love…and I can’t imagine my life without them…
I had no clue then, that they will be what they are now ….
I can write pages and pages about them...this is just day one…he he
Lots n lots more to come….
The good and the bad part is that they don’t blog, otherwise u would have heard weird stuff from them as well….thank God...they don’t…he he

No comments: